For some of us, regardless of our willpower, have a hard time avoiding snacking throughout the day. If you are a snacker, here are some suggestions so that your mid-day snacks are helping your health and fitness goals rather than hindering them.
Nuts, specifically walnuts, almonds, and cashews contain Omega-3s and monounsaturated fats or what we call “healthy fat.” They can actually help speed up your metabolism throughout the day.
Carrots are crunchy, sweet, and healthy. Rich in fiber, vitamin A, and other cancer-fighting nutrients, it is a surely a guilt free snack.
Besides being sweet and delicious, apples will help curb your hunger for fewer calories. When eaten before workouts, they may actually boost your exercise endurance.
Kale is one of the healthiest, most anti-oxidant rich vegetables. This is one of my favorite snacks, and I also love adding it to salads and sandwiches. Here is how to make it.
Heated Coconut oil (or olive oil)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove the kale from the stem, shredding it into small pieces.
3. Wash the kale pieces in a bowl and strain the water.
4. In a mixing bowl, pour the heated coconut oil onto the kale as you would a salad dressing, and mix around with your hands
5. Add the agave sparingly and mix with your hands.
6. Add onion salt and garlic powder.
7. Mix together and spread on a baking pan.
8. Set to bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Remove and let cool.